- Ashby Museum is located in North Street, Ashby de la Zouch adjacent to the library.
- We are a member of the VAQAS (Visitor Attraction Quality Assurance Service) scheme and were last assessed in July 2019
- The Museum has a gentle ramp access to the main entrance and the Reception area, both Exhibition Galleries and the toilets (including an accessible toilet with grab rails) are on the same level.
- Assistance dogs are welcome at the museum.
- The Museum encourages sensory experiences, with displays incorporating sounds and hands on elements.
- We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require assistance, please telephone 01530 560090 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The nearest accessible train stations are Burton on Trent (9.7 miles) and Leicester (18.9 miles). There is a significant distance between the station and the bus pickup/dropoff points in both towns.
- Buses travel to and from Ashby include Route 9 (Burton and East Midlands Airport) and Routes 29 and 29A (Leicester). All buses stop in Market Street, a few minutes’ walk from the Museum.
- There is a National Express service (between London Victoria Coach Station and Burton on Trent) that serves Ashby and stops once a day in each direction.
CAR PARKING AND ARRIVAL
- There are large Pay & Display car parks to the side and rear of the Museum/Library buildings.
- Blue Badge holders and Motorcycles can park for free in all the council owned car parks. All other regulations must be adhered to.
- Parking spaces are available for electric vehicles. Pay & Display charges still apply when using these bays. Further details can be found about the charging points can be found at www.pod-point.com
- Visitors can also be dropped off in North Street itself, outside the front entrance to the Museum
- This is a small museum and is not suitable for large groups.
- Organised groups of up to about 24 can usually be provided with customised walks and/or talks for a modest fee depending on what is provided. These need to be prebooked with the museum.
- Groups making use of the museum’s meeting room should be aware that there are two steps up into the meeting room. A temporary ramp can be installed for those who cannot manage the steps, but this must be requested in advance.