Skip to content


Ashby museum has an archive of over 3000 photographs – both original and copies. This page allows people to view the main group of photographs, but does not include photographs in specialist collections as these often include ones that are not in our primary area of interest. Larger images may be viewed at the museum during opening hours, and copies for private use may be purchased.

This page also allows access to details of artefacts (physical objects) held by the museum. Please note that when changing between photographs and artefacts, the classification list is only updated after the first search.

Select archive type
Filter by classification and/or text

Showing images 11 to 20 of 4081
1997 photo of Nick's fish bar on the right past the entrance to Standard Soap (which can be seen in the background-red low level buildings)

1915 - 1920
Ticknall church prior to 1820 - postcard sent to a Mrs W Foster of Church Gresley.

No.23A South street a 1997 photo - building was the Ashby Cottage Hospital from 1894 to 1897. 6 beds, 3 cots. Matron: Mrs. Raven. Building now converted into two residential properties. On the left is the Priests House.

A 1997 photo No.67 Bulls Head when is briefly became a "managed pub" and the name changed briefly to Fayre and Firkin.

Kilwardby Street. A 1997 view of Holy Trinity church. Entrance.

Kilwardby Street 1999. Looking down street towards town centre. Trees now obscure Trinity church on right. St. Helen's tower in distance. church in distance.

1940 - 1955
Breedon cricket club team sometime in 1940's - late 1950's.

1940 - 1955
Breedon cricket club sometime in 1940's - late 1950's.

1940 - 1955
Breedon cricket club team sometime in 1940's - late 1950's. John Shields, middle front row

1915 circa
Our Lady of Lourdes Roman Catholic - a church group taken at the entrance to Ivanhoe baths in around 1920. Occasion unknown. Persons identified: back row standing starting 6th from right Mrs Anna Howes, Mrs Hallam, Mrs Hogg, ?, Geoge Buckley, Tom Toon